Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 272
Position Title: Merchandising Planner
Position Type: Full Time
This position supports the Director of Merchandising and EVP GMM in all aspects of budgeting and analysis for the buying and merchandising groups. The position is responsible for communicating and suppling reports and analysis to Corporate and Management Team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
The applicant must have a broad knowledge of all buying and merchandising systems and is instrumental in executing updates and modifications.
What responsibilities does this position have?
- Open to buy creation, maintenance and management with and through the buyers, GMM and Director.
- Company and Department Financial plans supporting the Open to Buy.
- Markdown planning and management.
- Creates pre-season analysis for PMD management.
- Manages the optimization of the pricing cadence on existing clearance product
- Generates recommended PMD proposals based on priorities and the Company’s needs.
- Creates and manages promotional markdown plans on a monthly and daily basis.
- Merchandise Statistics report creation with purchase limits for each season.
- Gross margin planning and management with the GMM and Director.
- Generates and tracks GMROI reporting.
- Supports buying and merchandising with analysis through the Database system.
- Supports buying with the pre-allocation process.
- Review software applications with outside vendors for up to date application.
- Seasonal price point and size analysis. Working on price and size optimization programs.
- Vendor/brand reporting and analysis for Buyers and GMM.
- Performance analysis for the stores, regions and store groups as requested.
- Seasonal transition analysis.
- Training for the Assistant Buyers, Merchandisers and Regional Analysts.
- Tracking coupon tactics and marketing events in sales, margins, and other KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- 2+ year experience in Merchandise Planning or prior retail experience preferred
- Strong professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Basic Retail Math
- Strong PC system skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus. Knowledge in Oracle.
What kind of individual are you looking for?
- Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry blogs, leading authors’ books on design, fashion, and shoes, and leading and emerging websites about industry trends.
- Passionate practitioners. They love all things buying. They care deeply about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care if their tracking documentation is complete and accurate, if they are building relationships with vendors, and if they are successfully resolving product issues.
- People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but follow leaders in the field about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Why Join Rack Room Shoes?
If shoes aren’t enough to entice you to join our team, then perhaps working with a team full of forward-thinking, smart problem solvers who are looking to provide the best and trendiest products for their customers... Sound appealing now?
How about our extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (which includes medical, dental, vision, and 401k)?
Who Are We?
We’re the large and growing Merchandising and Buying team for Rack Room Shoes and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Our mission is to provide the highest quality and most fashionable shoes at the best prices. We are always looking to the future for the next biggest trend and what new products will excite shoppers.
- A brand new state of the art building.
- New workspaces, ergonomic chairs and plenty of space dedicated to collaboration.
- Fitness Center with locker rooms and Employee Lounge on premises.
- Fresh fruit provided weekly.
- All the Starbucks coffee you can drink!
Location Description: Headquarters
Location_Address1: 8310 Technology Drive
Community / Marketing Title: Merchandise Planner
You love shoes. We have 30,000 pairs.
We are inspired by our roots.
Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse was born in downtown Nashville, Tennessee in 1989. As the name suggests, the first store was located just "off Broadway," one of the main thoroughfares in the city. By the late '90s the company grew to nearly 20 locations stretching from New England to Florida.
In January 2002, OBSW was acquired by the Deichmann Group, one of the largest privately owned shoe retailers in the world. Since then we have grown to more than 75 locations from coast to coast.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.