Location: Laguna Niguel, California US
Requisition Number: 1849
Position Title: AsstMgrLead
Position Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Manager assists the Store manager in managing all day to day store operations, while ensuring that compliance exists with all established company policies and procedures. Provides leadership, guidance and training to the store staff via direction from the Store Manager. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will assume total responsibility for all store operations. Consistently strives to meet and exceed all established sales, service and operational objectives.
Duties and Responsibility
- Primary responsibility is the safety and welfare of employees and customers.
- Create, establish and maintain an excellent customer shopping experience.
Maintain and reinforce current service level standards.
Provide service training and leadership to staff members.
Manage customer issues with a sense of urgency and to the satisfaction of our customer.
- All POS terminal transactions in accordance with policy and procedure
Sales, Discounts and Refunds
- Inventory Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Shipping and Receiving
Price Management (Price Changes, Markdowns etc.)
Conducting a Physical Inventory
- Sales Floor Merchandising and Visual Presentation responsibilities to include adherence to company standards:
Sales floor maintenance and housekeeping
Promotional event directions, materials and signage
- Payroll Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Payroll budget compliance
Time and Attendance
- Training and Development of direct reports, responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Utilization of all available training tools
Consistent reinforcement of operational standards
- Loss Prevention responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to the protection and control of all Company assets.
- Work towards a complete understanding of managing all day to day operations.
Principal Working Relationships
Customers, Sales Associates, Store Management, District/Regional Managers, Store Operations and Training Personnel.
An approved background check
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Managerial and organizational skills
Strong interpersonal skills necessary for customer and employee interactions
Strong visual merchandising skills
Working knowledge of footwear, accessories and shoe care.
Basic mathematical skills
Knowledge of Corporate and Store Operations policies and procedures
A complete understanding of the standards of Store Presentation and strong visual merchandising skills.
Store Number: 5063
Location Description: Off Broadway Shoes 5063
Location_Address1: Plaza De La Paz
Location_Address2: 27291 La Paz Rd
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Manager
You love shoes. We have 30,000 pairs.
We are inspired by our roots.
Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse was born in downtown Nashville, Tennessee in 1989. As the name suggests, the first store was located just "off Broadway," one of the main thoroughfares in the city. By the late '90s the company grew to nearly 20 locations stretching from New England to Florida.
In January 2002, OBSW was acquired by the Deichmann Group, one of the largest privately owned shoe retailers in the world. Since then we have grown to more than 75 locations from coast to coast.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Laguna Niguel, California US
CountryEEOText_Description: Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.